Railway Bridge Maintenance, Second Edition
Special Offer Price: £ 45.50
Publish Date: 26/06/2017
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 234x156 mm
Number of Pages: 232
Railway Bridge Maintenance, Second edition provides a thorough overview to assist those involved in the maintenance and management of existing railway bridges, dating from the early nineteenth century to the present, that are essential in supporting railway operations.
The second edition has been updated to reflect the current challenges bridge engineers face in assessing conditions and making informed decisions on cost-effective maintenance, repairs, upgrades and replacements. It also provides support to infrastructure engineers and planners who analyse, interpret and make decisions on large populations of bridge structures as part of the long-term planning and preparation of maintenance budgets.
Railway Bridge Maintenance, Second edition:
• is fully updated to reflect the modern methods of asset management, remote condition monitoring and the use of new materials
• contains over 80 illustration to provide guidance for common defects
• offers a range of case studies where defects and component failures have occurred highlighting causes, repair and future prevention measures.
This book aims to help readers to quickly target the relevant and necessary information to safely deal with the issues encountered in operating a growing railway on an ageing asset stock. Railway Bridge Maintenance, Second edition is essential to engineers, designers and planners involved in any aspect of the design, construction, repair, maintenance and refurbishment of railway bridges.
Foreword to the second edition
About the author
1. Historical record
3. Assessment of strength and carrying capacity
5. Preventive maintenance
7. Asset management
8. Diagnosis and treatment
9. Use of new materials
10. Remote condition monitoring
11. Case studies